Nov 22, 2008

My new favorite fruit

I've never been a fan of pineapple - till recently. I mean, I know it has always had its place...alongside ham on a pizza for example. But I've never really appreciated it as a great fruit. Then, last summer, I had a great grilled chicken recipe that used a pineapple based marinade. What great flavor. Who knew pineapple could do that to a piece of meat? Then, my mind began to wander. If chicken...why not other foods? Last night, I put pineapple in my chili. That's right...I put it right in my chili. And know what? It was amazing!! Tonight, chunks of pineapple went into my cheesy chicken and noodle skillet. Yep...amazing again! It may very well be the most adaptable fruit ever...as long as it is cooked. (I'm still not a fan of plain, fresh pineapple). And, for those of you who I'm certain are wondering - I'm not craving pineapple for any particular reason. I've just discovered something wonderful.

1 comment:

tracyp said...

I really thought I had at least one person in my anti-pineapple corner and you had to go and leave. I still think it has the consistency of wet yarn in my mouth so I still can't eat it, but I'm glad you've found your new amazing fruit. I also have to applaud your courage in trying it in new recipes. Congrats!