Nov 24, 2008

the reason for bizarre posts

You may have noticed that my posts have been a bit bizarre lately. They have no purpose. You might wonder - is there really nothing more interesting in her life than pineapple and its many combinations with meat products? Well, there is. Most of you know that I applied to PA school some time ago and fewer of you know that I interviewed a couple of weeks ago. Well, I haven't been able to think of anything else since then. Hence the posts about random fruit. I somehow felt that if I told people that I was trying and then didn't get in, it would somehow make it a bigger failure. But I DID get in!!! SIUC called today and extended a position in the Summer 2009 class!! Yea! I'm uber-excited. And actually, something else has been going on too. I've started doing some photography for others as well. Again, I thought if I told too many people and then wasn't very good, I'd be embarrassed or something. It's that whole fear of failure issue. Anyway, now that more than just my mother love the pictures that I've taken for them, I feel like I can tell people I'm doing it. So, I'm doing it. In the next week or so, I should have a host of pictures ready to show. But right now, I'm going out with my husband to celebrate....

7 comments:

Mike Pulley said...

Amy... Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you, look at you getting to be a fabulous mom who is lucky enough to get out and talk to adults on a regular basis... just don't forget to stop baby talk when you head to work! I hope you and David had a great time celebrating. I can't wait to see some picture.

tracyp said...

ummm, sorry, didn't log in as me on the last comment!

Tori said...

Amy!!! Congrats that is so awesome!! You will be great at helping people because people can tell that you care about them. That is awesome, just one question, where is SIUC? and will you guys have to move?

Unknown said...

Amy! I am sooooo excited for you!!!! I knew you could do it. So, you take good pictures . . . I may have to come down there just to hire you. On a side note, guess what? We're coming to Cape!! The Dickson's invited us to come stay with them for Thanksgiving so we're leaving tomorrow afternoon. I would love to see you, let me know if you'll be available!

Tina said...

congrats again :)

Case said...

oops, Tina is really me. Tina is my mom and I didn't know she was logged in!! So Congrats from me...and my mom too I guess :)

Case said...

by the way...your picture taking skills are amazing! I haven't seen the results yet, but the fact that you got Miah to even smile and not make rude comments during the session is a miracle in itself.