First things first...David and I paid off my car today...YAY!!!!! This is uber-exciting for me. Thanks to an unexpected tax refund we were able to pay it off almost a year and a half early. What a fun day!
Now on to the next cute toddler story...
Julia no longer takes naps so she gets really bored when Elizabeth naps and I attempt to get something accomplished. Today, I was trying to clean the kitchen which always starts with doing the dishes that I have negelected all day. So I'm loading the dishwasher and Julia is climbing in it, taking out the silverware and putting random toys in the bottom (it's always a trick washing the dishes). Obviously, I feel like a broken record while trying to clean. I sound something like, 'Julia, get off of the dishwasher please. Julia, don't take the dishes out please. Julia, toys don't go in the dishwasher. Julia, stop licking the dirty forks...that's icky!" Well, this persisted for an uncertain period of time. Then, I suddenly noticed all the dishes had made it into the dishwasher and hadn't come back out. This was my cue to check on Julia and when I looked down, I see her sitting on the edge of the dishwasher, arms folded, head bowed, mumbling quietly, 'Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for our food. Thank you for blessings....Thank you for day....Thank you for blessings....ummm....Thank you for this day....
Clearly she got stuck. I had to help her finish. But seriously, how cute is that?
3 comments:
what a good little girl! i can't believe she isn't taking naps anymore! that stinks...i'm going to force brock to take naps until he's 5:)
Not napping is actually easier than napping was (for her...not for most kids). You know her miserable sleep issues. I'm kinda glad I don't have to deal with them as often.
awww... and congrats on the car!
Post a Comment