Before I can get to the stories at hand, a little background is required. You see, Julia is in the 'why' phase. She is usually awake when I shower so when I tell her that I need to go take a bath, she, of course, asks why. I have found that the easiest way to stop the 'why-ing' is to tell her that I'm stinky and I need to get clean. Fast-forward to this morning. Julia and I are sitting on the couch while I study. It's getting late and I need to bathe, so the following conversation ensues:
Me: Julia, I need to go take a bath.
Julia: You smell stink...(then, leaning into me closer, she sniffs and exclaims)...PEWWW! You smell STANK!!
To make this slightly more ironic, I was studying for my skin, hair, and nails exam where we examine noxious body odors. So bizarre.
Well....onto the sweet story.
The girls and I had dinner with mom, dad, and the missionaries tonight. As we are leaving, Julia is telling everyone goodnight and Elder Tingey asked Julia who her favorite princess was. (Julia is completely into princesses right now.) Julia thinks about her response for a moment and says, 'My mommy is.' How sweet is she!?!?
So, there's Julia's sweet and stinky moments for the day...
4 comments:
Oh that was so funny! Stank!!! then the second syory was so sweet it melted my heart!
you always have the best stories to tell:) i can't wait for brock to start talking more!
and i looked at your photography page cuz i hadn't in a long time...and i feel so honored to still be the top picture!! but it got me thinking that I want to get pictures done before Christmas again and for Brock's big #2 bday. So maybe sometime at the beginning of December? Keep a slot open for us!!
Casie, I'd love to do another session with you guys. Just remember, I don't have studio access so keep the season in mind when you think about December. I'm always game, but I get to keep my coat on...
did you check out that llama book from cape? if so, return it already!!! brock has been waiting forever!! jk :)
Post a Comment