Nov 17, 2008

breakthrough

Most of you know that I was pretty 'apprehensive' about having two babies so close together. And, there have been some logistically difficult times. Like trying to bathe them. I'm either giving separate baths and it takes an hour and a half. Or I put them in the tub together and I'm sopping wet from trying to hold onto Elizabeth to keep her from face planting in the water, and convincing Julia that standing up in the tub is not a good idea. Then there's the splashing... But I digress. The good news...we've hit a breakthrough. At 10 months (Elizabeth) and 27 months (Julia), my daughters are entertaining eachother. For the last several days Julia asks to play on the puzzle with sissy. (We have a large floor puzzle in their bedroom). Yesterday, I was able to make bread, chicken and dumplings, and do 2 loads of laundry while they played together. All I had to do was periodically peek my head in the door. It's like a whole new level of freedom. I now see how some moms have time to scrapbook and sew. Still not hobbies I intend to persue, but I can see how it happens. Now, I can almost see having more children...you know, in five or six years...maybe...maybe not.

2 comments:

Fletcher Five said...

It only gets better...and cuter. Soon you will walk in to check on them and they will have laid down snuggling each other and fallen asleep. Then you'll cry...run and get the camera, take a picture...then cry again. Golly they grow up so quickly huh.
Oh and chicken & dumpling...YUMMY

Mike Pulley said...

YEA for freedom. Good job and cooking and cleaning on the same day!!!