Dec 2, 2008

my little mommy

Julia is in the copycat stage right now. This usually means that I am brought face to face with the worst parts of my mommyhood as she shouts at Elizabeth to 'STOP!!' when she starts whining excessively. Today though, was truly blog-worthy. I was checking my email when Elizabeth crawled in and tried to stand up using the computer desk as a prop. She concked her head and started crying. So, I picked her up and coddled her a bit, hugging, bouncing, and soothing. Julia went to her bedroom, picked up her babydoll (who she frequently puts to bed, offers a pacifier, and generally carries around mothering), brought her to the computer, whacked the dolls head on the desk, and then began bouncing, shushing, and soothing her baby. It was hilarious!!!

On a completely different note, we are officially potty-training. That's right, I can't let a post go by without some mention of gross body functions. Julia only had two accidents today and one was because daddy gave her a dissapointing look that sent her into hysterical sobbing (a story I'll address in a later post). Not bad for day 3.

3 comments:

Fletcher Five said...

My first thought is...I'm so glad she grabbed a baby doll instead of bonking Elizabeth's head on the desk again to concole her. What cute little ones you have!!

tracyp said...

Nice. Isabel just throws them on the ground and steps on her doll. I like the purposeful whacking just to coddle! We're trying to potty train also but with slightly less results!

The Fishers said...

HOW CUTE! Aww, that just makes my heart melt! Yes, I'm still at my parents! Owen is still traveling and we still don't know where we're going to wind up so in the mean time, I'm at home...Not exactly how I imagined my 25th holiday season, but what can you do! Do you know when your dad is coming to visit?