Apr 4, 2009

so...the update

I really thought I blogged about this previously but apparently, I've just repeated the story by mouth a hundred times. I've had several questions so, here goes...

Last year, we decided that I would apply for a physician assistant program. Last fall I was accepted to SIU's program which meant that David wouldn't have to quit his job or his business (which he was willing to do if we had had to move somewhere else for school - props to him). PA school is rather pricey and being an Illinois resident reduces my tuition by about $25,000 per year. It seemed worth it. So, the girls and I moved to Murphysboro IL last month. My commute went from 1 1/2 hours at 6 am to 20 minutes at 7:30 and I live next door to my sitter. Unfortunately, David has to be a Missouri resident in order to keep his job at the police department, so we currently have different addresses. While this has generated a myriad of strange looks of sympathy and more than a few questions, our marriage is actually quite good. We miss each other a ton and the girls (well...Julia) ask for him all the time. On the plus side, we actually appreciate the time we get together now as opposed to just taking it for granted.

So, that's the whole story. Hopefully that clarifies. And hopefully I'll have more interesting posts in the near future.

3 comments:

Willingham Outdoor said...

For further clarity, I FRIGGIN' MISS YA'LL!!!!!!! Give my girls (and yourself) hugs and kisses for me. :)

tracyp said...

Have fun and good luck with that! Any chance of David getting a job in Murphysboro?

Fletcher Five said...

AAAHHHHH, I like David's version of further clarity!! Cuteness.