I had no idea that it had been almost a month since my last blog. And I still don't feel like I have much to say. For reasons of pure humor (I'm well beyond the whining stage) I'll recall some of the highlights of the last month. Early May brought the well-known inland hurricane to our small section of the world. I vow never to procrastinate finding a basement again. It came in so quickly that by the time the wind picked up enough to justify waking the toddler, trees were falling all over the place. Fifteen minutes later, we emerged from a basement to find (I did't count) alot of trees laying down. And I mean HUGE trees. Three hours and multiple chainsaws later, we could leave our driveway. Hours after that, we could get out of our road. And just over a week later, we could take a hot shower at home again. I'm forever grateful for the nagging feeling I had the day before the storm (read...prompting by the Holy Ghost) to go grocery shopping. While the lack of modern convenciences was well...inconvenient, we had no problem providing for ourselves. It was rather comforting. And, a little like camping while still having beds for the kids that they will actually sleep in.
Day before yesterday was a bigger tragedy really (I'm being a bit dramatic). It began with whining toddlers, nothing remarkable. I hooked them up with a big cup of chocolate milk while I proceeded with diaper changes. Then, I find that what I had thought was a tiny scab on Elizabeth's leg was actually a tick, a tick that had been attached for at least two days. GROSS. By eleven that morning I had made two calls to poison control (tick and calamine lotion), cleaned up at least 5 puddles of #1 in the floor, and found that the milk my kids loved that morning was spoiled! The day did eventually improve and yesterday and today have been great. So, I'm really not complaining...just letting you all know that when you have 'days like these' you're not alone.
Big news: Julia is completely potty trained. While #1 was mastered last fall, #2 has only been mastered for a week and a half. VERY EXCITING!!
And, next week starts PA school. I'm a tad nervous, at least till I find my groove. So, if I don't post for another month or more, sorry. I've got several photo shoots to post to my lifethroughalensphotography blog, and I'll try to get to that next.
But hey, at least you all know I'm alive again...I'm sure you were wondering....or not.
6 comments:
Sorry to hear the hurricane hit you! That was insane!!! Good luck at PA school! Out of everyone I know, I would never doubt your ability to ANYTHING!
So the story might have been more humorous if you hadn' t gone grocery shopping and you were eating pork n' beans out of a can. However, I'm glad you chose to take cover and feed your kids. GO MOM!
Congrats on the potty training... YEA. Good luck at the start of school.
Oh and I'm glad you're still alive, at least for this month on you blog! :)
im soooo glad to hear that youre still with us!! ;)
i'm glad you are alive...congrats on potty training, that must be a relief! and the whole tick thing totally stinks!! I hate hate hate ticks and I don't think i could pull it out on my own...you are a brave mom!
Your stories always bring a smile and chuckle to my day :) Your family is beautiful. By the way, I did see you at Walmart yesterday.....sorry I didn't say more, I was arguing with my husband! lol
hey stranger...how's life and pa school? are you surviving??!!!
Post a Comment