We have two beautiful daughters, Julia and Elizabeth, who I'm certain will be the subject matter of most of my posts.
Jan 5, 2009
Again...really???
Not even 10 days after finishing the last round of antibiotics, my children are sick again. AGAIN!!!! Julia has been running fevers that spike above 103 and only make it down to about 101. So far Elizabeth is just whining because Julia is but past experience (and plenty of it) has told me that when one is sick, the other is also. Most of you know my theory that antibiotics make people sicker over time. And so I am torn every time my kids run a fever. I know that the antibiotics will allow my children to be themselves again in a day or so and I can have some semblence of a normal life. But then, I really do think their immune systems are getting lazy. There seems to be getting less and less time between bouts of sickness and it seems to hit with a vengence now. Might I add, Julia never had an ear infection until she was over 18 months old. Now, she's had at least 6 that I can immediately recall in the past 10 months or so. I don't mean to whine, but...well yes...I do mean to whine. And since it's my blog, I can do that. I'm using it as therapy right now while my angel husband sits watching a cartoon for the umpteenth time with two very frustrating children so that I can have a moment alone. Maybe someday I'll outgrow the need to vent such frustrations...not today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whoa, whoa, whoa! First of all, thank you for my message post, second of all, you are not lazy! You have two little ones (who apparently keep you very busy!) to run around after! In my book, you are a superhero who makes super fun cookie "dates" with your daughters!
PS: Good luck with them this week! I hope they get well soon!
Man lazy women, get up and work! So is Julia going to be a candidate for tubes? I totally agree with the antibiotics. I have no trouble giving Izzy tylenol or what not if she needs it but anti's I hate, thankfully my Ped gives me the option if it's a virus but I still hate that she offers sometimes! Good Luck!
Post a Comment