We have two beautiful daughters, Julia and Elizabeth, who I'm certain will be the subject matter of most of my posts.
Sep 28, 2008
conference
Last night was the Relief Society general conference broadcast. I was able to attend with the Carbondale Ward and Julia stayed with 'papa Rick." It was a wonderful time. I was able to visit with old friends and my sister-in-law played some beautiful music after dinner and before the broadcast to set the tone. I loved the messages that were given. I want to tell every woman in the world, 'you are better than you think you are.' You are a better wife, mother, and person than you think. I love when the spirit speaks things that I know I need to hear while these talks are broadcast to women across the world. It was wonderful, and the Lord truly loves each of us - even when we don't love ourselves as much as we should. I'm excited for next week, and trying to think how in the world I will be able to keep my kids occupied so I can pay attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love seeing different messages that spoke to different people, you saw that we are all better then we are... thank goodness or there would be a lot more prozac rx, I noticed that I need to get off my butt and serve others and go create something other then a coach potato daughter! Conference is awesome, I can't wait for this weekend either! Good luck keeping two entertained... I can't hardly do one still!
While I am not the sister-in-law that thrilled you with awesome music, I did want to let you know that I/we really enjoyed having you here in town his past week. You bring a great spirit with you, and make our lives a little brighter each time we get to see you and those beautiful little girls you have. We love you and miss you even when you are only gone a while. Good luck getting the girls to "be reverent" for conference, and we hope to see you some time before Turkey Day!!
Post a Comment