Sep 17, 2008

Turned down...

I'm going to put this in script format because I think it will be easier to read than an I said, she said version. The characters in this script are me and my daughter Julia. The stage is set at bedtime, last night. And the curtains go up...

Me: Ok Julia, get your blankie, it's time to go night-night.
Julia: Daddy kisses!!!
Me: You already gave daddy kisses. But you didn't give mommy kisses...
(Julia looks away bashfully and carefully keeps a bink tightly in her mouth)
Me: Julia, can mommy have a kiss with no bink?
Julia: I tired.
(Julia then lies her head down on my shoulder, facing away from me)

That's right, I was turned down by my 2-year-old. I'm not sure what to make of it.

3 comments:

tracyp said...

It happens to me too... at night when Mike lays Izzy down she'll tell him she loves him.. I just get a night-night

Fletcher Five said...

Hmmm, sounds to me like she has some deep underlying mommy-hate issues...HAHAHAHA Just kidding by the way. It really is a phase, the girls sometimes can't get enough of dad but want nothing to do with me. Then if I'm gone to a church activity for a night without putting them to bed, they freak out and can't live without me for a few days...it's funny like that.

Unknown said...

I can empathize. The other morning I went to let Jay out of his room and when I opened the door he was really excited until he saw me. Then he said, "No mom, want dad, no mom." Such love.