Sep 14, 2008

Influences...

This is long, and you don't have to read it. I just wanted to record it so I didn't forget:
I'm amazed as I realize the influence that one person can have in such a short time. Most of you know that a good friend of mine is going through an intense trial as she grieves the passing of her baby girl. Now I find that Brooklyn is in my thoughts almost all of the time. As I listen to a lesson on the Plan of Salvation, I think how she has filled it. As I listen to talks on the temple, I think how she has made me more grateful for those sealing ties, and my testimony is strengthened. The blessing that she has been for my family and me personally is unbelievable. Her life had a greater impact in 11 days than many will after decades. I am grateful for the time that she had with her family here and the eternities she will have with them. I'm not trying to make sense of or add purpose to the pain that her family is going through. Just that I am grateful to have been able to know her, if even from a distance. As I was reviewing some family history today, I suddenly noticed ancestors who had gone through similar trials. Whether plagues left a mother of four suddenly childless, or those children whose work doesn't need to be done because they passed too early...again, I thought of Brooklyn. In my minds eye, I can see her with her ancestors. They weep with Mike and Tracy and rejoice because their baby is home again. I hope that this is not upsetting. Part of my reason for using this blog is because I am terrible at journaling. I don't want these feelings to go unrecorded. Tracy, I love you and I can't express the respect I have for you and how much I wish I could make this suck a little less. If I ever can, please let me know.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Your words Amy have been a beautiful inspiration to me as well, thank you. This renewed perspective has made me never want to take all of the little things for granted. Something so tragic can be turned into such a blessing to others in different ways. Thank you for your perspective, and I enjoyed the fact that you stopped to see us and I loved our conversation. I look forward to much more of it!

tracyp said...

Thanks you Amy! I am so amazed and grateful that you came up for the memorial. I was great to see you!