We have two beautiful daughters, Julia and Elizabeth, who I'm certain will be the subject matter of most of my posts.
Oct 22, 2008
croutons
So this is really a pointless blog but as I sit eating my salad with delicious, crunchy, cheese and garlic croutons on top, I'm becoming increasingly frustrated. Croutons can make or break a salad. They add depth of texture and the flavors are incredible. So, why the frustration? Well, you can't eat a salad with a spoon and you can't eat a crouton with a fork. I keep trying to stab these things and they crumble - which brings me to my epiphany. We need pre-crushed croutons for salad toppings. That way, we get the crunch, the flavor, and the tiny pieces should stick to the dressing well enough for pleasurable consumption.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
First things first...I love your amazing blogs. Not only are they witty, funny, and super informative, but they also make me think. Secondly, WHAT?!?! Naw, just kidding, I have often had the same issue with salad and it's array of toppings. Personally, I just take the crouton bag and smack it a few times to crush them before adding them. I think the rest of the family thinks I dropped them.
were you bored when you wrote this philosophical ramble on croutons?
Post a Comment