Oct 11, 2008

Julia's new...um...pet?

Julia and I were outside a few days ago and she spies a worm making its way across the driveway - but not quick enough. Thinking she is somehow related to me and will be grossed out by a worm, I suggest she look at it closer. Apparently, she is 100% David's child b/c she quickly reached out to 'pet' it. It, of course, curled up in defense which sent her into hysterics. I don't know my child at all. So, of course, this cycle of petting the worm and laughing outrageously continued for about 10 minutes, when she gets a bit more bravado. She picks up the worm and hugs it! Gross! Puts it right up under her chin like a little puppy and pets it over and over. Obviously, worms aren't made for this kind of treatment and he eventually came apart. Julia looked at me and said, 'worm broke.' Everyday since we've had to go out 'hunting' for worms. Not being much of an animal person myself, there is a good chance that this is the closest thing she will have to a pet for a very long time. I'll post pics of Julia and her 'friend' later. It was humorous.

3 comments:

tracyp said...

LOVE the new blog background! However the font is a bit small and hard to read.. just wanted to let you know, and I"m totally excited for Tuesday!

Case said...

i'm going to get her a pet for christmas...just to spite you for the hills you've been taking me on lately. but i will admit, to do was doable...

Sarah said...

I love your "I belong" link. Where did you find it?
Sarah