Sep 15, 2008

Horses and Cows...















We took Julia and Elizabeth to the fair last week to see all of the animals. I told her we were going to see the horses and cows. All day, she kept saying 'horses and cows.' Turns out she wasn't a fan of either the horses or the cows, but loved the goats. She is still saying 'horses and cows' a week later. I still think she means goats. She enjoyed it so much more this year than last. She pet the goats and laughed at them and we really had to pull her away. As we are walking to the next exhibit, David says, 'we need to get her a couple goats.' WHAT?!? A couple of goats? Could he be wrapped around her finger any more? It was some prime daddy-daughter time though. Feeling a bit guilty that Elizabeth was sitting in the stroller the whole time (of course she seemed happy, but for some reason I felt like she was missing out - go figure...) I took her out to show her the horses. See pics below for her enthusiastic reaction. And yes, the horses head was bigger than she was. It was a big horse. And, Julia's second favorite thing...pushing Elizabeth in the stroller. Then, as we were leaving, David noticed me drooling over a caramel apple and got me one. As I tried to take a bite out of the apple, the stick broke and it fell to the ground. Even I couldn't just dust it off and eat it. (You never really know whats been going on at a county fair). I was so sad. But overall, we had a blast. Goats...who knew?

2 comments:

tracyp said...

Those are some cute pictures! I love the one of Elizabeth and the horses.... And Julia is gorgeous.. but then again she does have you for a mom!

Tori said...

Oh my goodness...so cute!! We have got to get these kids together. What dolls, looks like you guys had fun.