Sep 7, 2008

Huge friggin bug!!!

We have found that there are many benefits to living in the county. After all, I grew up in the county and there is something to be said for the lack of traffic. However, I had all too quickly forgotten the enormous amount of bugs present. So, as I'm lying on the couch, in the dark, I see a shadow of something big enough to be a bird fly across my kitchen. Curious, but a bit terrified, I quietly slink toward the kitchen, careful to keep maximum distance between me and any landable surface (thereby thwarting any attack this flying beast may attempt). I discover a long thin stick-like creature clinging to my wall. Of course, I did the logical thing and blogged about it behind a closed door while my husband captured it in a piece of tupperware. "Praying mantis" he says...then goes back to bed. EEEWWWW! How did that thing get in here? You'd think somebody would notice a six-inch long praying stick following them through the door... I'm sure I'll have nightmares about this for quite some time now.

3 comments:

tracyp said...

YEA! It's not just me who is still deeply terrified of all bugs! I'm so glad that you found my blog so I can see yours. I'm sorry I haven' had a chance to call you yet. I've been meaning to but... well.. I'm sure you understand. Thanks for your thoughts!

Unknown said...

HEY Amy!! Oh my gosh, i was cracking up reading this!! I know what you mean about those huge bugs... gross little things aren't they! It's good to hear about you and your family. I've seen these blogspots too, they are neat and fun to read. Well hope to hear more from you! See you later! Ashley

Mike Pulley said...

By the way Jay Leno just said it's praying mantis season....
Tracy