Sep 19, 2008

She pooped in the sink while I was giving her a bath because she fell in the toilet.

That's right, it's been one of THOSE days. And while I have plenty of nicer things to blog about, somehow this seems to be top priority. And of course, I just had to share it. Julia refuses to use her training potty. I guess all of this talk about her being a big girl has had that effect. She now insists on using mommy's potty. Not only must she use the big potty, but I can't hold her. She supports herself on her hands (which is a whole different germ story that even grosses me out a bit - thank heavens for germ-x). Now, anyone could see this as an accident waiting to happen but I was so excited to see her want to use a potty that I thought the risk was worth it. And today it happened. She reached up with both hands to wipe her face and down she went. Yuk! But somewhat humorous. Obviously a bath was necessary. I could've used the tub, but David has been mowing a ton and it would have required extensive scrubbing which, quite frankly is easier to do in the sink. Plus, she requires less play time in the sink. Anyway, back to the story... Sink clean and Julia freshly bathed, I decided I needed to get some clothes to put her in. I walk to her room, grab the clothes and, as I'm coming down the hall, I hear her crying ridiculously loud. (Of course, all I can think is "SSHHH...you're going to wake up your sister!) But, I arrive in the kitchen to find the toddler standing in the sink looking at the water. Yep, it was gross. So, thankfully the second sink was available, and after that bath, clothing her was relatively uneventful. Cleanup was done with wal-mart bags over my hands b/c I didn't have a rubber glove anywhere in this house. The sink is still soaking in bleach. There will be more pleasant notes to come...as long as my day improves. If not, I'll be resigned to complain about Elizabeth's allergy to straw. What am I saying, I'll complain about that anyway. Later.

3 comments:

Willingham Outdoor said...

So glad you cleaned that out of the sink....today.

Tori said...

Ha, isn't the life of a mommy so glamorous? What a funny story! It is a good thing for bleach or in our house, clorox wipes! Thanks for the laugh.

Fletcher Five said...

Part of me wants to giggle at you, but part of me wants to laugh uncontrollably at you. No, but seriously, it's so nice to hear that you are getting in on all the "little" things everyone says you will miss when they get older. I remember your mom told me once (as I was changing a runny poopy diaper on Becca and holding Chelsea down with my leg so she would not try to "help me") that these were the best days of my life. I vividly remember thinking to myself that she should have her head examined. Turns out, that I don't miss the poop, I don't miss screaming, but I sure do miss them being little. Enjoy it while it lasts sweetie!