Sep 24, 2008

When did I get old?

Supposedly (or supposebly) we age gradually, a little bit at a time. Not me. I got old overnight. That's right, all of the signs that I had achieved oldness appeared in a single day. I got a tan this summer for the first time in years. I was quite excited until I looked at my arm and realized it wasn't a nice smooth supple well-tanned arm. It was poorly stretched leather. Not sure how that happened. Wasn't that way last week. Must've been a fluke, I thought. Then, I'm driving to the grocery store, scanning radio stations and hear a song I used to listen to all of the time. I thought, "GREAT! The stations are playing it again." The song ended and yep, turns out it was the oldies station. Strike two. Later that night, I've put the girls to bed and I'm catching some tv before I nod off and see Home Improvement. Now, I'm not completely oblivious. I know this is an old show. So I assume it must be TBS or TNT or some other channel that's not a major network, right? Wrong, Nick at Night! So I ask again, when did I get old? September 22, 2008. That's when it happened.

4 comments:

tracyp said...

I had that some issue with Home improvement the other week! If you can find out the info on the MD that would be great...
Welcome to the old girls club...
I have some stuff for your old skin...

Tori said...

Im right there with ya hun, my birthday is coming up next week, and for the first time, I feel old too. Dont feel bad, you look good for your age, lol.

Fletcher Five said...

Old...yeah, that happened the moment you had more than one child. I'm convinced I was NOT old with just one, but as soon as the 2nd one popped out, I aged like 10 years that moment. Now as I stare down the barrel of turning (gasp) 30 in just 2 short months, I long for those days when I only felt old. You my dear, do not look old at all, and remember what they say...you are only as old as you feel. So ask David how old you are...he he he.

Case said...

so i guess that means we don't do as many hills now that you are old right? yes!!!!!