Oct 3, 2008

A day at Perkin's farm

gotta love belly shirts

Julia LOVES Laura!! She's one of the few people Julia is excited to see outside of family and other babies.


Yes, the turkey mooned me as I tried to take her picture (I think it's a her...the male turkey died as a result of a goat incident...funny story)
Julia doesn't actually like bell peppers, but always wants to taste one when she sees it. She then quickly says 'like it' which means 'I don't like it' and gives it back.


Julia's nursery leader lives 'out in the country' and has a host of not-so-usual pets. So, I thought it would be fun for Julia to go see the interesting animals. An abbreviated list includes a goat named billy, a turkey, some chickens, pot-belly pigs, horses, and dogs. Oh, and a couple of geese. Sister Perkins (Julia's nursery leader) has three sons, two of which Julia is particularly fond. I thought I'd post some pics of our day with Laura, Jesse, and Matthew and their pets. Thanks so much for letting us come!

3 comments:

Case said...

I'm witching it was halloween too!!

tracyp said...

I like how you state the Julia loves Sis Perkins, 'cause you couldn't tell from the picture. It looks like Julia is trying to get away!

Sarah said...

Amy,
I am jealous. I want a field trip to the Perkins farm too!!