We have two beautiful daughters, Julia and Elizabeth, who I'm certain will be the subject matter of most of my posts.
Oct 5, 2008
I'm officially a mom!
Ok, I guess I officially became a mom over 2 years ago. But the telling sign appeared yesterday. It's 4:30 in the afternoon. David has to go to work at 6 and I realize I've forgotten that my family might want to eat. So, what do I make for dinner? The first thing that comes to mind. Not spaghetti, not some other easy fast meal that still constitutes dinner. Nope, grilled cheese and tater tots. Yep, like a day care or public school lunch that has to be served for the masses. Now, we all have weak moments where we don't give it our all in the culinary department, so maybe this was mine you say? Nope. The interesting thing was that there was not one tot or grilled cheese square left. However, the lasagna I made last Tuesday...I had to give away just to get it out of the fridge. And it's not entirely because I'm a terrible cook (though that may have contributed somewhat). I think I've just entered the mom stage where real food ceases to exist. If it can't be prepared in 20 minutes or less, it must not be food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WELCOME to the club!
I guess I should sign in as me and not Mike...
Ha, Im right there with ya mamma
Ya know...I think it has little to do with your cooking skills, cause I think you are an awesome cook. I think it's more the fact that grilled or fried food (read grilled cheese and tots) taste much better than "real food". It's a kid thing.
Post a Comment